Saturday, March 5, 2011

My attempt at modern art

(Disclaimer: please pardon my ignorance … I am no art enthusiast as it is too complex for a mere mortal like me)
For a vacation this January I went to few museums ….my husband loves browsing through paintings of famous artists …… I, on the other hand am artistically challenged, very ignorant and cannot understand or appreciate art…. Here are a few pieces which left me utterly confused… here is one sculpture from Louvre museum…
This piece is called the manipulation the artists’s explanation of this is: the arms are hands; the letters are emerging from the interior of the hands, as though they were in the very material of the bronze itself. (It went above my head as expected it looks like a giant twisted octopus to me)
Here is another celebrated piece from pompei du , another celebrated museum…

This piece is by piet Mondrain : Natural forms were earthly, straight lines and angles spiritual. Thus "it would not be impossible to create a paradise on Earth", they said. Now De Stijl is known as an art movement, almost synonymous with the red, yellow and blue neo-plasticism paintings of Piet Mondrian. This my friends is true abstract art..I doubt if anyone except the painter really got it …..

After this experience I got a rough idea about abstract art… Now, If you are ready for it here is my version The Neo advaithic abstract art
The circle represents the cycle of life and the dot represents birth and death ….I will try to market it through European museums to give weight to my art resume …….. I can’t wait to see it placed next to the Mona Lisa…. ;-)

No comments: